FRIENDS OF THE MUSEUM brings together members of the art community as well as entrepreneurs from the private sector and management to make the National Museum an economically viable, self-sustaining entity and world class museum that preserves and brings alive the historical heritage of Ghana. The National Museum has the great potential to become a place that fuels creativity, shares and documents the unique charm of what embodies Ghana and its society - not only through it’s vast collection but through shaping a place for cultural production: hosting events, workshops, artists’ studios etc. The vision is to create a place where the imagination of the people will be engaged and reflection about the relation of past and future will be initiated.
FRIENDS OF THE MUSEUM would like to enthuse YOU to be a BE A PART OF THE MUSEUM! Together we can establish a place that not only house artefacts but actively creates art and culture.
Our agenda for 2012 will be:
- Understanding the needs of the Museum and how it operates
- Analyzing the status of the massive collection and working on concepts that enable the museum to exhibit a greater part of the stored objects
- Working out a budget for the museum
- Finding local and international partners
- Creating future plans of the museum: physical space, programme, integration of the public
- Creating awareness of the National Museum and its treasure